Oh, Governor Sanford- what a stupid, stupid man you are. Of course, it is incredibly sad that he decided to cheat on his wife when he has four sons at home to take care of- that part is a true tragedy. But, honestly, who is dumb enough to simply vanish for three days (4? 5? I forget how many) when you are the GOVERNOR, not tell anybody where you are going, and expect not to get caught? That part is hilarious to me- I think we can all safely put him out of the presidential nominee category!
Then perhaps the saddest story of all- our beloved Jon and Kate. Who could have seen this one coming? Once again, a love affair coming inbetween the most beloved of couples. Love of the camera, and the love of another woman.
Then, on the radio last night, the DJ was asking a very thoughtful and wonderful question. She asked, "When IS it ok to have an affair?" I had to stop and think. Kate is overbearing- surely that is a good enough reason to have an affair. The Argentine was hot- surely that's a good enough reason. One silly woman actually called in and said it was NEVER ok to have an affair, but that idea was (thankfully) quickly quelched by the listeners. So, I decided to come up with my own list of when it is ok to have an affair:
1. When it starts out "innocent" and "accidentally" happens
2. When your spouse is a little controlling
3. When Ben forgets to floss his teeth- totally grosss!
4. When the guy is REALLY REALLY REALLY hot (or, just a little hot)
5. When Ben comes home late from work- that gives me so much extra free time for other activities
6. When I can pretend like I am hiking and lie to the entire country- that's awesome!
7. When I just need to get away from the kids
8. When I happen to accidentally be in a singles bar and somebody hits on me and makes me feel good about myself
9. Whenever Ben makes me mad
10. Pretty much whenever I want it to be OK.
Any other reasons that it's totally OK to have an affair?