Wednesday, March 18, 2009

John McCain Was Right!

Yesterday I ran a million errands- including driving all across town and back in rush hour traffic because my husband Ben wanted Good Times for dinner (I wanted to go to a nice sit down restaurant and have a nice evening, but he wanted fast food, so that's what I got him). I came home, and Ben was home. I had a million things to carry in from my errands, so I did something I have never done before: I honked the horn in the garage so he could come out and help me carry things- including our daughter- in.

Honest to goodness, I kid you not- he opens the garage door. He is talking on his cell phone, and he points to his phone and gives me a look that says, "don't bother me, I'm talking on the phone" and shuts the door and goes back inside. I can't believe it! He can't possibly talk on the phone AND carry a diaper bag??????

So, John McCain was right- men CAN NOT do more then one thing at once!! You all remember in the debates he kept saying Obama was trying to take on too much at once. I now agree with McCain. It is absolutely NOT the men who are ruling the world- they are not capable. It is the women. I am convinced Michelle Obama is the one truly running the White House right now!

7 comments:

L said...

You're just now figuring that out? Welcome aboard sister! It's a slowly filling up flight but we'll reach nirvana soon enough if only we can convince other ladies to join our cause. Any takers??

Christina said...

I know, I am a slow learner!

Mandy said...

Ha!! Very funny! :)

okbushmans said...

Multi-task is a foreign word to most men. It will be interesting to watch and see how all of President Obama's projects pan out. In my experience of multi-tasking, when I take on too much, everything is done average. When I focus on one, complete it to the fullest extent, then check it off, it is always much better. But then again, I don't have thousands of bureaucrats and billions of dollars at my disposal to accomplish everything.

What would that be like...

Danielle said...

Oh my...I totally would have honked again and given Jason the "I'm not kidding" look where I point to my furrowed eyebrows. :) Of course, our apartment is four floors and a long hallway away from the parking garage, so this would not work for me. Oh you suburbanites and your simple life...
...or, since as you were saying last week, sometimes food is all you have, you could have just sat in the car and eaten HIS dinner...maybe that would be mean. Chalk it up to hormones.

Suzette Bradford said...

That is rich. I have theories about this that I won't even go into, suffice it to say, Christina, you are right on track. I love Danielle's suggestion to eat his food. That would have been hysterical. What kills me is that when I am on the phone, my husband will start talking to me like I can somehow carry on both conversations at once. But when he's on the phone I get the look Ben gave Christina.

Christina said...

He says it's not fair because I am only telling my side of the story- I tell him this is a story that will be used for years to come!