Thursday, September 25, 2008

McCain's Time-Out

McCain flys to Washington to save the world from tyranny!!

The original 'maverick' is hard at work putting the country first again. As soon as he woke up yesterday, he'd decided those insignificant sycophants (senators and congressmen and women) were incapable of reaching a resolution without him and he needed to fly to Washington to add his prepresidential two bits to the bailout debate. Oh wait, it was actually after his call from Obama for a bipartisan statement on coming together as candidates in this financial crisis, that this 'maverick' came up with idea to 'bail out' of his campaign.

It's just for this reason that I contributed to the McCain camp. Who cares if an important debate is in two days! Who needs to debate the issues when the super rich are about to become the super poor, unless the super poor pay for it! (The super poor here are people that own only one house and don't drive a Mercedes). Who cares if his VP choice is a bit of a lunatic. Who cares that he's slipping in the polls because he once thought, last week I think, that the economy is good. Boy, its never been better!

I didn't know I could take a 'time-out' when problems get clustered and crowded together in my life. I like the idea of only handling one issue at a time, especially in my extreme age, forty. Good going McCain, for showing us it's okay to take a break when the going gets tough.

Never have I seen my donated dollars better spent. Oh wait, I didn't contribute to the McCain campaign. Whew......

8 comments:

Mandy said...

Is anyone else noticing that the republicans are avoiding speaking in public where people can actually ask hard questions? They seem to only want to be surrounded by their supporters in rallies. Now Palin doesn't want to be interviewed because "she isn't treated with respect." What?!? Charlie Gibson was respectful. So, I guess asking hard questions means you aren't being respectful. And what political candidate isn't asked hard questions when they are being interviewed? Isn't that the point, tough questions? Bill O'Reilly interviewed Obama and was incredibly rude but Obama did the interview even though I'm sure he knew it would go that way. I guess he should only go on shows where they are on his side and only ask easy questions. Palin shouldn’t only get the fluff questions from her supporters. She needs to show us what she is made of by answering hard questions by reporters who do the same thing for all candidates. Why should she be any different? Does she want someone to hold her hand while they are at it? Do people not realize that they are hiding her out because she doesn't know anything? And now McCain is getting in the act by "saving the country" instead of wanting to do the debate tomorrow. Why can't he do both? He wants to be President doesn't he? Shouldn't he be able to multitask? I know, how about we don't have any debates or any interviews and we just go off what the TV ads show. That would really get us somewhere.

Unknown said...

You are witty, articulate, well read and soooooooooooooo misguided. I love you anyway. Must run. Rush and Sean are on.

XOXOX

P.S. Remember the people we met from Alaska? The wife hunted Bear. Some for food some for protection. Bet if you lived there you'd do the same thing!

Christina said...

Did Palin really say that? She is SOOO pathetic! She went to this women's forum yesterday long enough to get her picture taken with some female prime ministers- that is the ONLY thing she is good for- photo ops!
I thought McCain was hilarious when he said, "I call the president to meet with the top senators..." I wanted to die laughing- he, a mere senator, is going to dictate to the President of the United States what to do? And, isn't he smart enough to realize that Bush had already done that- several times!!!!
Then, I couldn't believe when congress came to a resolution BEFORE McCain and Obama went to DC, McCain STILL wanted to postpone the debate- as if he was the one that came up with the solution!!!
Republicans out there, I understand if you are loyal to your party, but at least be willing to admit that Palin is merely being used as a pretty pawn, not as a reliable candidate, and McCain is merely pulling out political tricks!

Mandy said...

It was the campaign manager who came out and said they weren't doing interviews with the media until they "treat her with some level of respect and deference."

Unknown said...

THIS COULD GET UGLY!!!!!!

In the sixtys I actually campaigned for Lindon Johnson. I guess you can see that I'm not a slow learner. Got my priorities straight.

As we speak I am making the Obahma Bread. However in the post you left out the NUTS!!

Still Love ya....

L said...

Did you see the Katie Couric interview where when grilled about specific references she(Palin) made about McCain's record, she said, I'll have to get back to you on that one. She couldn't back up her claim that McCain was more qualified than Obama in regards to being for regulation in the past. It just goes to show that anybody can give a good speech when it's written for you.

L said...

The only bear I would ever hunt and eat in Alaska are the bear claw donuts in my pantry.... Heck I'd kill a whole box.

L said...
This comment has been removed by the author.