Monday, September 29, 2008

Reality TV Fun Begins Again - Survivor vs. The Amazing Race

Ah, it's that time of year again. I say, there's nothing like watching grown men and women running amok in the mud in their underwear in one new show, and couple's bossing each other around while gallivanting across the world in another one. Talk about great tv. I'm in heaven...

After watching both season premiers, I'm afraid I cast my vote for the Amazing Race this time, mainly because Jeff Probst is getting so annoying. Does anyone else think he gets more sardonic and mean with each passing episode? Perhaps he's had enough of the exotic traveling and is sick of the beach sand that has taken up permanent residence in his ...you know, where the sun doesn't shine? That would make me annoying too.

The Amazing Race only had one couple I liked, and it was two geeky men. They brought me back to my love of the hippies from several seasons ago. I wonder what ever happened to them. Probably built a convent somewhere and passed on their peace and love. Can these two nerdy men fill their shoes? Who will Jeff Probst verbally malign and belittle in the next tribal council? Anybody else watching and care to offer an opinion?
If not, stay tuned.....

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I'm not a big fan of Jeff Probst. At least not the writers for him. He always says the same things over and over. Can't they come up with something new? I liked the season premiere but I wish they had already had the teams divided up instead of letting people pick. That never seems to work. There always seems to be one tribe that isn't too bright and picks the older women first and they are all on one tribe and the other tribe is young and strong. So far, this seems to be the case again. Do these people not watch the show?? I just like it better when it is more evenly matched. I was glad they sent the first girl home, even if she was strong. She was so negative and annoying. And I thought they made a good choice with the second woman too. She just wasn't fit or strong enough. I love the Amazing Race! I haven't picked a favorite team yet, although I also liked the comic book geeks. I also liked the black couple that are long distance dating. I wasn't a big fan of the brother and sister team or the couple where the guy has weird hair and trains runners and she works on wall street. But, Tyler was pretty distracting for this episode so I missed a lot of the inbetween stuff so we will see what next week brings! I can't wait!