Wednesday, December 31, 2008


Welcome to the World - Tripp Easton Mitchell Johnston!
Since the Palins like to name their male family members after parts of speech words that start with the letter T, here’s some other more common names for the Palin heir that were rejected.

- Trace - Trey - Ty (Could have confused many a teacher and spelled it Thai! Double points!) - Treb - Trek - Tipper
-
Names the new parents considered until the last moment
- Techh - Tundraa - Tempp - Tickk - Tonsill - Tatterr - Traderr - Trainerr - Trailerr
- Tripp (Whoops! They picked that one. I wonder how many times his name will be misspelled. Like a Gazillion!)

I can already hear the phrases written in the back of his yearbook every May -
Don’t ‘tripp’. Have a nice fall!”
Did I ‘tripp’ ya too much this year?”
Are you leaving on a ‘tripp’ this summer?”
Watch out for that ‘tripp’taphen. Those turkey’s make you tired.”
**
My name means Celtic fortress so what do I know, and my two boys are named Saxon and Nash.... so I probably shouldn’t tease. Funky names are definitely on the rise with this new generation of kids. Last names are now first names. (Remember Linda Tripp? Anyone?) School teacher’s are no longer the ones that cringe.
Poor school teachers...
And it could've been worse. He could've been named Zamboni.

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Tickk. I will have to remember that for my next child. :)

Yes, it seems the daughter is carrying on the odd name tradition. We had a hard time naming our son. I should have followed Sarah Palin and named my first born after a sport I enjoyed - volleyball. He would have loved that.

And I did read a quote of Palin's saying she did want to name a kid Zamboni... I hope she was kidding but with her... you never know.

Christina said...

I read an article about a judge in New Zealannd who ordered parents to change the name of their daughter from "Talula does the Hula" to something else- what are some parents thinking??? I think boy names are particularly hard, however- you want something solid (studies show if a man has a funny name they are less likely to be hired over other candidates with more normal sounding names), but also individualistic- but Tripp is an interesting one. My cousin's dog has that name...

Jen said...

I have no idea what's going on in the Palin family. It sounds just as bad as the names coming out of Utah. Growing up in a fairly diverse area, I thought I had heard just about everything. The girl down the street's name was SheRa. This was during the time HeMan was really big. It wasn't until I moved to Utah that I realized how weird--or in their minds, cute, names can be. I heard she was going to use the name Tag, but Romney already used that for one of his kids! HA!

Jen said...

Christina, if you end up having a boy, you should borrow my book "Beyond Jennifer and Jason, Madison and Montana" it's a great book about naming a child. Instead of listing millions of names, each chapter reads like a normal book and has headings like "Name's so far in, they're out", or "Name's so far out, they are in." There are chapters on the naming boys and naming girls. They totally go into the effects that different types of names have on each sex, hence I stayed traditional and have a Daniel and a Jacob. Boys especially can't get away with unique names. This next one will be just as masculine--Justin, Alex etc. Anyway, find out what you're having and let me know.

Christina said...

Jen-that book sounds great! I think I will borrow it!

L said...

I just read about a phone interview Sarah Palin recently gave to People magazine.
I've never heard such eloquent words..

"You need to know that both Levi and Bristol are working their butts off to parent and going to school and working at the same time," the Alaska governor told the magazine in a phone message. "They are certainly not high school dropouts."

Any suggestion to the contrary "harms Bristol's reputation and Levi's reputation and their chances for good work opportunities," Palin said.

And to this I must add... who really cares? Didn't he say on his my space page, "he's a bleeping redneck"? I bet the Palins couldn't be prouder of their *cough* 'future' son-in-law. I bet a million Monopoly dollars they never get married..and that neither one graduates from high school, as is the case with most teen pregnancies.