Tuesday, December 30, 2008

What makes Bush sweat


While reading the current People magazine I came across this question in
an interview with President Bush.

Interviewer: "Which moments from the last eight years do you revisit most often?"

Bush: "I definitely think about the familes I've met of the fallen soldiers-about the compassion, love and determination of the families, to make sure that the Commander-in-Chief hears their stories and knows their pride.

I think about throwing out that pitch at the World Series in 2001. My heart was racing when I got to the mound. Didn't want to bounce it. Didn't want to let the fans down. My heart was pumping so hard, I wasn't sure if I could lift my arm. I never felt that anxious any other time during my presidency, curiously enough."

Really? That is what made you the most anxious and one of the things you revisit most often? Not visiting the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina? Not the moment you found out about 911? Not when you declared war or when they captured Hussein? Am I surprised he said this? At first yes, until I remembered this is President Bush.

No comments: