Saturday, November 8, 2008

Bloggers Anonymous


The top 10 list of "symptoms" that you are addicted to blogging
In the "spirit" of education and awareness, we must tackle this issue head on. The first step to self help is acknowledging you have a problem. Personally, I refuse to acknowledge it! Where does that leave me I wonder? Hmm...
10. You check your blog stats a LOT. You occasionally get up in the middle of the night and sneak a peak.

9. Your significant other suspects you are having an affair with your blog. Even when you’re alone with your special person, you do find yourself thinking what your blog might be doing right then…

8. You “mental blog” while driving or on the train, and sometimes even when you are alone in the shower.

7. You filter everything through your post-writing. You can’t watch a movie, see a play, read an article, or share a sweet moment with your child without thinking of whether it’s blog-worthy.

6. You suffer from “blog envy” when another blogger posts something juicy before you do. You suffer “comment envy” when said post gets 40-something comments – the jerk!

5. You “binge blog” 3 or 4 posts at once—only to feel guilty and empty afterward.

4. You ditched all your real friends for blog friends, because, well, “they understand.”

3. You think, “I can stop at any time.”

2. Your lunch hour has become your “blog hour.” You keep a few posts tucked in your desk in case you need them during the day.

1. After 5 minutes of meeting someone really interesting you ask, “So - do you blog?”
How many got all 10? = A Blogger Maniac, probably needs an intervention soon from her non computer friends.
5-8? = Seriously neglecting the children by this stage
3-5? = Probably only neglecting the housework, the laundry is piling up, the dishes lay undone.
1-3? = Scrapbooking is still your favorite hobby.
How many did you check off ladies???

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Phew, I am not as bad as I thought I was. Although I am in the "neglecting housework" category. But who wants to do that anyway? :)
And my dear Ms. Lula, what score did you get?

L said...

Okay Mandy you win. I have to buy you lunch. I couldn't stand it, I had to look. My poor kids, that's all I'll say. Thank goodness the election is over. How about everybody else??? Cowards...

Mandy said...

I knew you wouldn't last. I think you need an intervention. :) But at least I can benefit from your addiction. Hee hee