Monday, November 24, 2008

The Time Traveler's Wife - A Book Review


By Audrey Niffenegger
But don't you think...that it's better to be extremely happy for a short while, even if you lose it, than to be just okay for your whole life?
-
A truly original and moving story, The Time Traveler's Wife is a tale about love, life, and loss; the story of Henry and Clare, and their unconventional passionate relationship. His life, one of inconsistency, change and regret. Her's the harbor he anchors himself in, the tether to normal. I felt a myriad of emotions while reading this book. It gripped me, sucked me in, and held me fast to the end, until I was released not lost, but found again.
-
Isn't that what a good story does? It tastes your skin, chews you up and if done well, spits you out again whole, with a new perspective.
An excellent read.
(Disclaimer: There are a few..descriptive words)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I LOVED THIS BOOK!

Delicious book. I'm seeing the movie when it comes out.

With some hesitation, I offered it to my SIL...she's become more strict in past years, so I worried about how she would take *cough* some scenes and the littering of the f-bomb, but she read it. Quickly. Not without some questioning, though.

I say the message sometimes far outweighs some of the more seemingly "distasteful" parts of stories.

Yay!

L said...

There's going to be a movie?? Fabulous! It will be interesting to see what angle they chose to take. I found the book to be very thought provoking and romantic despite its few flaws.

Oh Henry!!!