Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sean Hannity - A Beacon of Truth? Please...

Before anyone reads this, please realize - Sean and I will never be friends. This isn't a glowing review. So.....


On Monday, I accidentally came across the Sean Hannity Radio Show (The last beacon of truth in a troubled time? Hmm…) and because Colin Powell had just endorsed Obama, I was curious about what he’d say about it. I wondered if he too, would say what Rush said, that it was because they are of the same race that he endorsed him. (Whatever helps you sleep at night, Rush, since you’ve supposedly quit taking the drugs.)

So, for three mind-numbing, excruciatingly horrendous, scratching the blackboard hours, I listened, I cringed, I controlled my gag reflex, waiting, hoping, he would finally have a point that wasn’t – World War III is coming if we elect Obama (Let me correct you there Sean, you will not elect Obama. I will.) He used the words, WWIII at least 10 times! All because of comments Joe Biden made, when he made public an assertion- that all Republicans in every election they might lose always bring up - that because Democrats don’t want to blowup and fight the world, we’re soft on the military. This is one of many standard Republican scare tactics. What, are you mad Sean because he lessened the sting before the political hit could be delivered? He beat you to the punch?

So, is it true? We’ll let’s see. I remember when George Bush Sr. was running for a second term against Bill Clinton, when his vp pick, Dan Quayle said a similar thing about a Bill Clinton presidency. That we could expect some world catastrophe to happen while he’s in office. Would a Democrat president be able to handle it? Did something major happen? (Regarding the world no, regarding other stuff, maybe, but I'm not discussing that here.) No. In fact, if our enemies are just waiting for a Democrat in office to attack, then why did Bin Laden wait until Clinton was out of office, and attack us right after President Bush was put in? Hmm, interesting. My point, the one I couldn’t find in that lovely Hannity broadcast is thus, we don’t know what will happen, we don’t know when it will happen, we can’t control the world and predict what it will do on any given moment. Just because a presidential nominee expresses an interest in peace instead of war doesn’t mean he will not defend our nation.

Sean Hannity did little to convince me otherwise. He does nothing but pander to the extreme rightwing. Have the last eight years been so fantastic, so wonderful, such a great time for America here and abroad that it would make me want to put another Republican in the White House? Just tell me, because they’ve done such a great job, why they deserve another shot? Give me one good reason. The two party system was created for a reason by our founding fathers; to create balance. It's called having a choice. Because, if one political philosophy consistently controls and dominates the other, then is that democracy? No, it’s tyranny; it’s dictatorship, it’s Russia.

So, after all this did he ever say anything about Colin Powell? No. All that brain cell loss for nothing. Great. Better go read Austen to fill it back up again.

6 comments:

Jen said...

As politically right winged as I am, Sean Hannity isn't my favorite. I will sometimes tune in just to hear what he's discussing on his show. It's a lot of the same with Sean. However, I do LOVE Dennis Prager (www.dennisprager.com) and I think that you would actually enjoy him also. You obviously wouldn't agree with him, but I think you could see his point better and where he is coming from. He is very methodical and backs up his points with facts and logic. He is Jewish and grew up Democrat, so he understands that point of view better than other conservative radio hosts. So, if you want to hear the other side and stay sain, find out if he is playing in your area and tune in. I'd be interested to hear what you think.

L said...

A Jewish conservative? Can that be 'right' ? Anything's better than Hannity,(including a colonoscopy), but if I hear anything that sounds like "Join the Dark Side, Luke", we'll I might have to change the channel.

Jen said...

www.pragerradio.com the site you should actually check out as opposed to the one I mentioned above. It directs you better to when and what station he is on in your particlar area.

Yes, Jewish and Conservative. Another good Jewish Conservative is Michael Medved, however he tends to be more moderate. So, if you want a real conservative view that is tolerable to listen to, then Prager is the man.

Bray said...

Lula O, We Agree on something. I don't like Hannity at all. I don't know why but I have never listened to his radio show for more than 1 hour before I give up. He gets and idea in his head and then repeats it over and over and over. I have never understood why he is so well recieved. He drives me nuts. Jen I will try out dennis.

okbushmans said...

I'm not a Sean fan either. He does have a "Hate Hannity Hotline" if you are so inclined. My personal favorite is Glenn Beck. He is very funny, doesn't take himself too seriously, and doesn't follow party line. And it doesn't hurt he's LDS (and sometimes sounds like he is giving a General Conf. address, except for the occassional cursing.) Anyway, check him out.

L said...

I'm all about cursing. Sometimes, it helps unclog the vent. Feel free to hurl any potty talk my way if needs be, I'll probably deserve it.